“The future of the Western Balkans”
Call for students’ essays on EU policies and reconciliation in WB
1. The Call is organized in the frame of the EU sponsored project “Academic network supporting the EU policy towards Western Balkans with emphasis on regional cooperation based on reconciliation – ANETREC” in which take part 10 universities and research institutions from Albania, Bosna and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, and Slovenia.
In the period 2019-2022 will the Project’s partners develop different common education and research activities dedicated to the EU integration of WB 6 countries and to the processes of reconciliation in the region. One of the outstanding actions will be the ANETREC Summer School, which we plan to convene in July 2021 in Bitola, Northern Macedonia.
The ANETREC Project Coordinator is Professor Emeritus of the University of Maribor, Slovenia Silvo Devetak, the President of the Institute for ethnic and regional studies from Maribor.More information on the ANETREC Project is on web-page www.anetrec.eu.
2. The student’s call for essays will provide young people with the opportunity to express their opinions on different aspects of the EU policy towards the Western Balkans with emphasis on regional cooperation based on reconciliation.
Particularly, it is commendable that the students write the essays on the impact of the EU policy on the situation in their countries (justice; human rights and elimination of discrimination; freedom of religion; mass media; the situation of civil society institutions and organisations; the impact on economy and socio-economic circumstances and the similar).The students from Croatia and Slovenia are particularly encouraged to write the essays on what is the current situation and what should be in their mind the role of their countries within the EU policy towards the Western Balkans. The proposed topics for essays see in the Appendix 1.
3. We are pleased to invite the prospective authors to prepare the essays between 3000-4000 words in English in line with Technical guidance (see Appendix 3) and to submit them until 15 April 2021 to the professor responsible for the call at the Faculty of Law, University St. ”Kliment Ohrdiski” – BitolaAssoc. Prof. Dr. Elena Tilovska-Kechedji; firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. The Evaluation Commission at the Faculty of Law, University St.”Kliment Ohrdiski” – Bitola consists of: Assoc. prof. Ph.D. Elena Tilovska-Kechedji; email@example.com, Assoc. prof. Ph. D. Goran Ilik; Goran.firstname.lastname@example.org Assoc. prof. Ph.D. Mladen Karadzoski; email@example.com) and they will in due time exanimate the essays.
5. The ANETREC Coordinator will invite five students from each partner University who got the best grades to participate in the work of the ANETREC Summer, which we plan to convene in July 2021 in Bitola, North Macedonia.
The ANETREC Coordinator requested the managements of the ANETREC partner Faculty to consider the possibility to treat the essays as part of the existing teaching program and to mark them with adequate ECTS.
In addition, the best evaluated five (5) students’ essays selected by the Editorial Board (see Appendix 2) will be published in a ANETREC project publication, which will be the back ground paper for the students’ presentation and discussion of these topics at the ANETREC Summer university in Northern Macedonia.
6. The purpose of the Summer School is to enhance critical debate, share views and ideas of students and professors on the most important questions referring to reconciliation and EU integration processes and to stimulate the development of further research among students and professors and establish networking. The students will have, among other, the opportunity to follow actively the lectures by distinguished scholars and to be the organisers of the presentation and discussion of their essays.
7. Important dates:
– Essay submission: deadline – 15 April 2021. Essays should be sent to the responsible professor at the Faculty of Law, University St.”Kliment Ohrdiski” – Bitola,Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elena Tilovska-Kechedji; firstname.lastname@example.org)
– The Evaluation Commissions will until 30 April 2021 assess and grade the quality of the essay.
– The professor responsible for the call at the Faculty (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elena Tilovska-Kechedji; email@example.com) will in cooperation with the Coordinators of the ANETREC Summer School in the period May – July 2021 organizes all the necessary things for the fruitful participation of selected students in the ANETREC Summer School.
– ANETREC Summer School is planned to be organised in July 2021.
8. For more information about the Call and Summer School, please, contact the responsible professor at the Faculty (Assoc. Prof. Dr. Elena Tilovska-Kechedji; firstname.lastname@example.org).